This list of resources is from Open Networked Learning #ONL162
- Bates, T (2016). The 10 Fundamentals of Teaching Online for Faculty and Instructors. PDF available here. Consider Guide 4 and 9 in particular for this topic.
- Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching Effectiveness (2013, August 29). Constructive Alignment [Video file]. Retrieved from
- jclarkgardner (2011, June 11) ADDIE Model Instructional Strategies [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL20E84CD77B301A20
- Salmon, G (2013) The Five Stage Model. Retrieved 2016 November 8 fromhttp://www.gillysalmon.com/five-stage-model.html http://www.slideshare.net/eusie/salmon-handout-etivities
- Vaughan, N. D., Cleveland-Innes, M., & Garrison, D. R. (2013). Teaching in blended learning environments: Creating and sustaining communities of inquiry. Edmonton: AU Press. Chapter 1 “Conceptual framework”. PDF available here.
- Last session we had some ideas for developing a course. Then three participants were filling in the Fish document and today, when we talked about choosing a model, there were not much words needed for choosing a model for course design.
About online pedagogy
- McLoughlin,C. Mark J. W. & Lee, M.J.W (2008). The Three P’s of Pedagogy for the Networked Society: Personalization, Participation, and Productivity. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 20(1), 10-27. PDF available here.
About Community of Inquiry
- Vaughan, N. D., Cleveland-Innes, M., & Garrison, D. R. (2013). Teaching in blended learning environments: Creating and sustaining communities of inquiry. Edmonton: AU Press. PDF available here.Other models/frameworks for learning design
- Conole, G. (2015). The 7Cs of Learning Design. Manuscript. PDF available here.
- Open Learning Design Studio’s MOOC (2013). Learning Design for a 21st Century Curriculum. Retrieved 2016 November 8 from http://www.olds.ac.uk/
- Lister, M (2014) Trends in the Design of E-Learning and Online Learning.MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching Vol. 10, No. 4, 671-680. PDF available here.
Additional Resources for Course designers
- Morrison, D (2015) Online Learning Insights, Resources for Course Designers available here.
- ADDIE infographic available here.
Online open access tools to guide learning design
Further optional readings that are not open accessThese two books are fundamental in the field design of learning field but are, however, not open access. They can likely be retrieved via your institution’s library.
- About Constructive Alignment
Biggs, J. B. (2011). Teaching for quality learning at university: What the student does.McGraw-Hill Education (UK).
- About ADDIE
Branch, R.M. (2010). Instructional Design: The ADDIE Approach. (1st.) Boston, MA: Springer US. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-09506-6.